Monday, June 13, 2011

You're a Champion, Eagle-Eye

Two cooks, a thief.  Not pictured:  his wife, her lover.

For those of you new to the site Largely the Truth was nominated for "Best Blog" & "Funniest Tweet" in the inaugural West Coast Social Media Awards.  The awards dinner was just over a week ago and wouldn't you know, out of 18 nominees Largely the Truth placed in the top 5 for Best Blog.  That's no small thing when your website consists of one guy shoehorning dick jokes into restaurant reviews.

As for Funniest Tweet?  See above, baby.  At first I was chagrined by the fact that my reviews & articles take hours to write yet I won an award for jokes that I cast off like cigarette butts, but then I remembered the words of my mother:  "Shut up and say thank you!"

So thank you very much to everyone who voted!

Oh, and the winning "tweet"?


"It's like The Omega Man out here except instead of vampires I keep running into feral packs of douchebags."


If you're on the Twitter you can follow me by clicking here

Now let's get back to work.  Any new restaurants I should be visiting?

2 comments:

  1. Way to go man. Weren't those meat-tini's delicious?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were delicious but you wouldn't know it to look at them.

    http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab210/largelythetruth/IMG_2436.jpg

    Food shouldn't look like that.

    ReplyDelete