Saturday, July 9, 2011

At the Vancouver Island Music Fest


CFUV 101.9FM, the University of Victoria campus radio station, has seen fit to turn me loose on another event.  This spring they had me cover the first Victoria Spoken Word Festival and I must have managed to mix just enough insight in with my dirty jokes for them to trust me with covering the Vancouver Island Music Fest in Courtenay.  The event runs from Friday, July 8 to Sunday, July 10 and features headlining acts like hip-hop legends Arrested Development and (my personal favorite) Randy Newman.  I'll be updating the CFUV VIMF blog with posts several times a day and have so far been keeping up a steady stream of photo updates on The Twitter.

All the photos are now up on the Largely the Truth Flickr account if you don't feel like wading through Twitter,

Post I:     Tomorrow's the Big Day            All that boring, "getting to know you" stuff
Post II:    The Road to VIMF                   The old man & the motorhome
Post III:   Getting Started                          The girls in their summer clothes
Post IV:   Oh, the Baton Twirlers              MarchFourth...marches forth.
Post V:    In the Evening                           Folk, blues, hope springs eternal
Post VI:   Arrested Development              Like Public Enemy without the alarm clocks
Post VII:  Saturday Begins...                    Hamburgers, jazz & an inferiority complex
Post VIII: Jon Anderson of Yes               The Long Distance Runaround
Post IX:   Of Roots & True Love      Sunburn & my forbidden love
Post X:    Randy Newman Live!               Taking a good long look at Randy
Post XI:    Sunday Morning Coming Down Steve Riley & the Mamou Playboys
Post XII:   Albert Lee, John Jorgenson...    Guitarists extraordinaire
Post XIII:  Holly Cole                                Smoky classics just before the finish line
Post XIV:  David Crosby                          Goodbye to All That

Pieter Vorster of Continual Palingenesis Social Media Socials (I don't know either) shanghaied me into doing this interview. To Stephen Colbert: your window of opportunity is past.

No comments:

Post a Comment